HISTORY OF EVANGELICAL UNIVERSITY
The Evangelical University (EU), formerly the Theological College of Central Africa (TCCA) is a private accredited Christian university. It was founded in 1960 to prepare men and women for propagation of the gospel of Christ. The university is a flagship of conservative evangelicalism in the country and is administered by the Evangelical Fellowship of Zambia – EFZ.
We are an evangelical university that exists to glorify God in providing integral transformative, Bible-based training in theology and other disciplines to serve the church and community using contextual, innovative and contemporary approaches for local and global impact.
DOCTRINAL STATEMENT , WE BELIEVE IN
- The Holy Scriptures as originally given by God, divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy, and the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- One God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Our Lord Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh. His virgin birth, His sinless human life, His divine miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, His mediatorial work and His personal return in power and glory.
- The salvation of lost and sinful man through the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, by faith, apart from works and applied by the Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the believer is enabled to live a holy life, to witness and work for the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Spiritual unity of all those who have believed in Jesus Christ for their salvation and have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and compose therefore the Church, the body of Christ of which He is the Head.
- The personal existence of Satan, whose intent is to supplant God and frustrate His purposes and whose ultimate end is consignment to eternal punishment.
- The bodily resurrection of all the dead: of believers to everlasting blessedness and of unbelievers to judgement and everlasting punishment.